[TUHS] TCP/IP implementations

Jose R. Valverde jr at cnb.uam.es
Wed Oct 6 19:26:21 AEST 2004

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 03:40:41PM +0000, Michael Sokolov wrote:
> "=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Jos=E9?= R. Valverde" <jrvalverde at cnb.uam.es> wrote:
> Ultrix-32 sources can be found on ifctfvax.Harhan.ORG in
> /pub/UNIX/thirdparty/Ultrix-32/sources available via anonymous FTP.

Certainly.

But I understood the orioginal post to refer to other Ultrix sources.
Ultrix had a long -and interesting- life after 32V. It was ported to
MIPS machines, and was -AFAIK- the first ever port of UNIX to a 64 bit
machine as the initial Unix for DEC alpha machines. It would later
be abandoned for Mach-based OSF-1 before going to market.

Those Ultrix sources would be a pity to lose. And those were the one
I was referring to in my e-mail (and what I understood the original
poster to mean).

Indeed, OSF/1 aka Tru64 sources and history would also be worthwhile to
preserve for the historical record (as those from IBM, Sun, HP, etc...)
Each had at some point novel and highly advanced technologies for their
time that would be nice to preserve.

Jose R. Valverde
EMBnet/CNB