[TUHS] Unix Tenth Edition ownership?

Wesley Parish wes.parish at paradise.net.nz
Tue Jun 21 19:41:17 AEST 2005

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 13:06, Warren Toomey wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 06:52:33PM -0600, James Falknor wrote:
> > To all Unix Officiando's,
> >    Who has ownership of Unix Tenth Edition?
> >    Has anybody tried contacting the current owner for it's release
> > under an OSI approved license?
>
> Norman Wilson is the custodian of Tenth Edition. He would like to donate
> a copy to the archives, but 10e contains quite a lot of material gathered
> from many places, and the task of tracking down all the copyright owners
> and getting permission would be an arduous task. Norman reads the list, so
> he may respond with a more detailed comment.
>
> 	Warren

With all due respect, may I suggest that this list is precisely the sort of
resource necessary for tracking down copyright ownerships?

After all, we do have a good number of subscribers who were there at the ealry
stages of Unix(R)(T[F]M).  (I wasn't - I was a high-schoold student at Deakin
High, Canberra at the time Prof Lions was writing his Commentary, and the
nearest _we_ got to computers was an Apple II we got in 1978 - and it was
mostly used for games. ;)  Sad but true. ;^)

I'm sure we're up to it.  Just ask us.

Wesley Parish