[pups] [TUHS] gcc-3.4.6 and old unix

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Mon Apr 24 19:29:20 AEST 2006

Michael Davidson <michael_davidson at pacbell.net> writes:
> Bill Cunningham wrote:
> > Has anyone thought of or tried to port the gcc to the old unixes?
> Both gcc and GNU binutils already support PDP-11 targets, at
> least to some extent, so you can already do cross development
> targeted at the PDP-11.

I did the PDP-11 binutils stuff.  It was made just for fun, so it's
not very well tested, but most of the basic stuff should be quite ok.

As for GCC, I don't think the PDP-11 back end is in good shape.  I
haven't checked, but it could have been dropped from later releases,
because the last few years, the GCC team has been busy pruning their
source tree from old cruft.