[TUHS] gcc-3.4.6 and old unix

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Mon Apr 24 22:53:24 AEST 2006

Lars Brinkhoff scripsit:

> As for GCC, I don't think the PDP-11 back end is in good shape.  I
> haven't checked, but it could have been dropped from later releases,
> because the last few years, the GCC team has been busy pruning their
> source tree from old cruft.

http://gcc.gnu.org/backends.html claims that "pdp11" is a supported
target, with these caveats:  narrow integer registers (duh), no IEEE
floats (duh), uses cc0 preprocessor, does not use define_peephole,
does not define prologue and/or epilogue RTL expanders, does not use
define_constants, and no ELF support.

John Cowan    http://ccil.org/~cowan    cowan at ccil.org
SAXParserFactory [is] a hideous, evil monstrosity of a class that should
be hung, shot, beheaded, drawn and quartered, burned at the stake,
buried in unconsecrated ground, dug up, cremated, and the ashes tossed
in the Tiber while the complete cast of Wicked sings "Ding dong, the
witch is dead."  --Elliotte Rusty Harold on xml-dev