[pups] PDP11 reverse-engineering(sort-of)

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Tue Apr 25 07:30:54 AEST 2006

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 07:00:01PM +0200, Jacques Wagener wrote:
> What I wanted to ask is, in what manner would one transfer old
> data/programs/source code from an old
> hard-drive/tapes/floppy to more modern drives etc. I basically need to
> transfer controller-programs over to x86( Everything works, I believe, but
> old hardware is scares) where I want to connect a modern pdp11-interface
> card.

Apart from the tools that Johnny mentioned, there is a program I once
write called VTServer, which copies entire disk images into hardware
over a serial interface. The program has since been taken over by Fred
van Kempen, and I don't have a canonical reference to it. However, if
you search for "VTServer fred" on Google, it should turn up.

Cheers,
	Warren