[pups] PDP11 reverse-engineering(sort-of)

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Tue Apr 25 05:35:53 AEST 2006

Hi.
Nice to hear you have a working system.
As for transfer... Well, there are several ways.

DECnet (if you have it).
KERMIT
TCP/IP (if you have it).
Tapes (if both machine have tape drives)
Disks (both could have SCSI for instance)

So it very much depends on what hardware and software you have.
Also, if you plan on using the Osprey (which the mail almost hints at),
I think they have the option of hooking up the old disks to the Osprey
as well.

And then of course, you can ship the disks, or tape backups to someone
who can do the conversion for you. Me for instance. It's also a question
of time, money and safety issues involved.

Let me know if you want more help.

	Johnny

email: bqt at update.uu.se           ||  Reading murder books