[TUHS] Porting UNIX...

Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
Fri Aug 11 07:50:35 AEST 2006

Hello!
Understood. This is one of the novels that BBC Press is presenting to the
many fans. It takes place during the 1980s, which is when the PDP-11 design
was king, and the DG Nova-4 and Eclipse (MVIII I think) was trying to unseat
it.

 It's also an interesting exploration into the hacking community that was
just beginning to emerge and still exists today, with the crackers taking
over from the hackers, and hackers doing what they do best; spend all day
and sometimes all night working on a problem. Now if anyone actually wants
the title and year it came out, please ask off list.

As I said before, it features the Sixth Doctor. I think I know which one you
mean, I do know there was a mini involved in "Inferno" which did feature Jon
Pertwee. Which naturally isn't the one you're thinking of.

And now back to our regularly scheduled discussions and arguments.
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
"The Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi

On Behalf
> Of Bill Cunningham
> Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2006 4:30 PM
> To: tuhs at minnie.tuhs.org
> Subject: [TUHS] Porting UNIX...
>
>     Actually  what I meant Gregg was Jon Pertwee was the Doctor back in
the
> '60s which is the time period you were referring to, and Troughton too I
> guess. That reminds me of an episode called "The time..." something or
other
> with Roger Delgado. They were trying to do something with some type of
> computer obviously an old mini of some type and some anciet artifact.
There