[TUHS] booting vanilla v7 on simh problem

Hellwig Geisse Hellwig.Geisse at mni.fh-giessen.de
Sat Dec 9 03:01:42 AEST 2006

Hi,

On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 19:47 +0500, Abel wrote:
> While looking for virgin/vanilla v6 and v7 tapes to boot on simh, I'm kinda stuck.
> And since simh mailing list wasn't much help, cuz seems there mostly vax/vms guys,
> maybe it's someone here to help me out.

I managed to run v7 on simh from the original tape files
quite a while ago. Because I too had some difficulties to
do that, I recorded all steps in a "HowTo" and packed it up
together with the sources of simh and the tape files. You
might find some helpful information there:
http://homepages.fh-giessen.de/~hg53/pdp11-unix/

Good luck,
Hellwig