[pups] Figured some things out.

Kelli Halliburton kelli217 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 10:02:21 AEST 2006

On Wednesday 08 March 2006 05:22 pm, Hellwig.Geisse at mni.fh-giessen.de wrote:
> Depending on the speed of your simulator, you
> could perhaps try to stop the output temporarily
> with ^S (and restart it with ^Q). Together with
> the ability to scroll backwards within the output
> window you should be able to read what is coming
> out of your simulated system... ;-)

E11 starts from a DOS box, which would be fine, since you can set the length
of the screen buffer in a DOS box, but it takes over the screen. So the
buffer disappears and the screen becomes only 25 lines long. So the scrolling
backwards trick doesn't work.

As far as speed goes... under Windows 2000, E11's speed is highly variable. I
think, from reading the E11 manual, that it has something to do with disk
caching. I imagine that it's probably much more consistent under DOS, or the
DOS-based versions of Windows.