[pups] Figured some things out.

Efton Collins efton.collins at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 15:15:54 AEST 2006

I have a 7th Edition installation that includes the Berkeley package.  The
USB package includes over 60 commands, 'vi' and 'more' are among them.
There's also a new 'man'  that knows about more, so viewing man pages is
done a page at a time.  Other than installing the Berkeley bits, adding the
RL02 driver to the kernel and rebuilding df,  it should be a fairly close
match to the original distribution tape.

I usually use Bob Supnik's PDP11 emulator. The vanilla emulator works very
well but it's a bit of a CPU hog. On Linux I've been able to tone that down
by adding a nanosleep in the main processing loop.

The distribution is on two 10 megabyte RL02 images. If you would like a copy
of them, let me know and I'll make arrangements to make them available.

Efton