[TUHS] TUHS Digest, Vol 31, Issue 10

Larry McVoy lm at bitmover.com
Sun May 21 13:32:01 AEST 2006

> I couldn't be happier.  They suck.  And even SunOS sucks in some ways, it's
> way behind Linux.  I'm a file system guy, I'm the last guy who did anything
> significant to UFS (ask Kirk), and I have to admit that the Linux guys are

As Mike H pointed out, Kirk has been more busy than I remembered and has been
busy in UFS, so I retract that.

That point made, I think the general point that I was making, which is that
the Linux guys seem to be moving faster, is still valid.  I'm very fond of
UFS and have a lot of respect for Kirk, so it's not about that, it's just
that the energy seems to be elsewhere.  For better or worse.
--
---
Larry McVoy                lm at bitmover.com           http://www.bitkeeper.com