[TUHS] Open Sourcing IRIX?

Paul Duffy dubhthach at compsoc.nuigalway.ie
Mon Nov 27 13:34:59 AEST 2006

Highly unlikely. After all they didn't buy out their Unix license like Sun
did. IRIX has been basically abandoned by SGI which is a pity. However
their is quite an IRIX user community at Nekochan with 1500 members on the
forums: http://forums.nekochan.net/index.php

Nekoware as it called is probably the best repositry of
freeware/opensource software out their for IRIX these days. Even SGI's own
freeware site points to them.

-Paul

"There is no greater sorrow then to remember times of happiness when
miserable" -- Dante "The Inferno"