[TUHS] [pups] Two matters, two questions

David Evans dfevans at bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Thu May 10 22:49:02 AEST 2007

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 11:42:55PM +1200, Wesley Parish wrote:
> Has anyone done a simulator/emulator of the Prime?  (I must confess, a
> hardware architecture that's described as a cross between a GE-645 and the
> Intel 80286, not only intrigues me, it also makes my toes curl. ;)

  Yes.  There was a posting to, I think, alt.os.multics within the
last few months describing it a bit.

> Has anyone attempted to get a copy of PrimOS for such a simulator/emulator?
> And if one was to attempt such a feat, where would one go?

  I know that the above emulator was accessible on the net and was
running Primos; I don't recall where it came from.

David Evans                                     dfevans at bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Research Associate                     http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/
Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge