[TUHS] Whence 1st Edition Unix Kernel Assembly?

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Fri Apr 25 02:44:56 AEST 2008

> Tim Newsham wrote:
>>> What about a community effort?
>
> I went back into the archive and rescanned the entire document at 400dpi
> uncompressed 8bits/pixel. Someone I know has been working on an OCR program
> optimized for printouts, I'm hoping to get him interested.

That would be great and would make the effort much easier!

> What would be more interesting is recovering the original program
> documentation
> which appeared in the same document, but is very light. There was also the
> original hand-written version from Jan-Mar 1972 which I also scanned.

I'm much more interested in reconstructing a running system, myself.
The documentation is great to have, but its already readable (although
not searchable) in the current pdf.  At least in most places (there are
some really faded sections).

Tim Newsham
http://www.thenewsh.com/~newsham/