[TUHS] Whence 1st Edition Unix Kernel Assembly?

Tim Bradshaw tfb at tfeb.org
Fri Apr 25 03:07:07 AEST 2008

> I'm much more interested in reconstructing a running system, myself.
> The documentation is great to have, but its already readable (although
> not searchable) in the current pdf.  At least in most places (there
> are
> some really faded sections).

I think it's fascinating that we may end up with a working first
edition Unix which has been *typed in by hand in 2008*. None of the
bits will actually be the original ones.  Borges would be proud
("Pierre Menard, Author of the Quixote" is the story I am thinking of).

If anyone is looking for volunteers I would have a go at typing bits
in, but I do not know how much time I'm likely to have.

--tim