[pups] PDP-11 / vacuum tube interface

robinb at ruffnready.co.uk robinb at ruffnready.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 19:21:37 AEST 2008

That's a wonderful idea.  As has been pointed out there are a number of A2D and D2A boards available for the PDP11.  However it would be fun to do it yourself and design one from scratch although getting hold of prototyping boards for unibus or Q bus could be a bit difficult these days.

You would probably have to down convert your RF to audio to keep everything in the realm of what the PDP could handle though something like PSK should be able to be resolved, morse should be a doddle.

Have a go, this is seriously pointless geeky stuff and as a result huge fun.

Robin