[TUHS] Old UNIX Filesystems with FUSE

Norman Wilson norman at oclsc.org
Thu Dec 18 09:46:44 AEST 2008

John Cowan:

> Does this depend heavily on OS X, or should it work on Linux and BSD as well?

Warren Krun Toomey:

  No idea. I had a brief look at some of the code on the web site and it seems
  relatively neutral, but I have not downloaded it yet. I've sent an e-mail
  with the same question to Amit.

======

I keep meaning to poke about at FUSE, since it plays more or
less the role of the file-server-implementation library setup
I wrote for my own purposes 20 years ago (in the context of a
UNIX variant that cannot yet be distributed freely).

But I'd be surprised if the stuff was terribly MacOS X dependent.
Certainly FUSE exists in Linux, and the libraries and requisite
kernel module are even included in some Linux distributions
(notably recent editions of Fedora), because sshfs is built atop
FUSE.

Norman Wilson
Toronto ON