[TUHS] TUHS Digest, Vol 44, Issue 5

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Jan 13 16:25:12 AEST 2008

In message: <20080113034117.GN60332 at dereel.lemis.com>
            "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog at FreeBSD.org> writes:
: On Thursday, 27 December 2007 at 11:14:42 +0100, Wilko Bulte wrote:
: > Quoting Larry McVoy, who wrote on Wed, Dec 26, 2007 at 07:39:22PM -0800 ..
: >> It's not me, it's all of you.  OSL has a gigabit link to the net if I
: >> recall correctly.  But I don't think TUHS needs that.  There are only
: >> so many of us old farts.  But fast is nice.
: >>
: >> I do think that there is a _huge_ amount of value in the TUHS archive.
: >> I think that anyone I hire who has not wandered through there, should.
: >>
: >> Anyhoo, I'm pinging the OSL guys, I suspect that they will be cool about
: >> hosting a mirror, they have been way cool in the past.  For that matter,
: >> they'd host www.tuhs.org but I suspect Warren may not be cool with that.
: >> Dunno.  I can arrange introductions, they are a cool group, this is a
: >> cool group, who knows?
: >
: > Hm..  if all else fails we could check if ftp.freebsd.org would be available
: > to mirror.  Grog, Warner, what do you think?
:
: (sorry for the slow response) I seem to have lost some messages, so
: I'm not longer sure what Larry's suggesting to mirror.  Also it's not
: as if I have much to say for the FreeBSD project any more, though I'm
: surprised imp didn't say anything.  Isn't this a matter for the
: FreeBSD core team and whoever is running ftp.freebsd.org at the
: moment?  I certainly don't see any obvious reason why not.

Before I could say something, it sounded like Larry had the mirrors he
needed.

Warner