[TUHS] Introduction

Jose R. Valverde jrvalverde at cnb.csic.es
Mon Jul 7 19:32:51 AEST 2008

Then, all I can think of is the other approach I mentioned: that the
original authors first wrote prf.c, had a look at the assembly generated
and then tweaked the assembly code generated from sys*.c by hand and
reproduced some similar patterns.

If the original authors used sys*.c as "templates" to then further fine
tune the derived assembly listings (and in doing so left behind these
puzzling traces) then that might explain why your sources contained the
asm listings instead of the C ones.

It might have made sense for them not to tune prf.c which is rarely used
but try to tune sys*.c which are heavily used to account for their "new"
segmented architecture.

Well, if I can find some time to install SystemIII for VAX on SIMH, may
be I will be able to reproduce this, but I seriously doubt it as they
are different architectures.

--
	These opinions are mine and only mine. Hey man, I saw them first!

			    José R. Valverde

	De nada sirve la Inteligencia Artificial cuando falta la Natural