[Unix-jun72] svn changes?

Brad Parker brad at heeltoe.com
Fri May 2 00:41:35 AEST 2008

Hellwig Geisse wrote:
>On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 09:04 -0400, Brad Parker wrote:
>> Via email I asked Tim about EAE support in simh, since apout has it and
>> the code claims he added it to simh, but I can't find it.
>
>Wasn't this called the "EIS" option? If I remember
>well, simh enabled that by default if you choose the
>CPU to be an 11/40.

I think EIS is similar in function but not the same.

We need the KE11A, which maps some registers into the unibus space.  It
performs some of the same functions as EIS, but in a different way - it
does not extend the instruction space like EIS does.

I may be wrong, but that is my understanding.  EIS is supported, as is
the FP instructions and CIS, but I can't find any code which pretends to
be a KE11A in simh.  It's definitely in apout.

-brad