[Unix-jun72] UNIX running up to init, I think

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Sat May 3 10:06:50 AEST 2008

> It correctly writes the RF11 image (as best as I can tell), then reads
> /etc/init into the user area and executes it.  I left the TC11 disabled
> on my run and it panics when /etc/init tries to read the tape.

*nod* we're running up to init in the cold boot kernel and getting
into the code that reads the 65th block off the tape.  At this
point we only get 1 byte of data into the read buffer, though.
(not sure if this is due to simh, the kernel or some other issue).

to work around the asembler divide issue I had to sed the source
during build time.  These hacks are all incorporated into the
tools/assemv7 script.

it might be fun to try to use Warren's mkfs.c program to preload
the root disk and boot warm with it.

> James Markevitch

Tim Newsham
http://www.thenewsh.com/~newsham/