[Unix-jun72] ... in case you wanted to play along.

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Sat May 3 11:53:21 AEST 2008

On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 11:03:01AM -1000, Tim Newsham wrote:
> Here's the current status on how to use the files:

>    - run ./simh.cfg to run the emulator
>    - type "go" to start it
>    - type "go" at the first halt to continue writing over your rf0 disk
>    - after waiting for a while, type control-e and then "det rf" and
>      then "quit"
>    - you should now have some data written over your rf0.dsk image.

I've done this, and now have an rf0.dsk which I can use to compare against
the output of my mkfs. I tried validating the image with V1 check:

	apout /usr/local/src/V1/bin/check rf0.dsk

Lots of inode errors, but at least check thinks there are files:

   . . .
5535 bad; i = 498i
5535 bad; i = 498i
  81 files
  81 large
 552 indirect
 552 used
 255 dup; i =   0f
 647 free
 343 missing

So things are progressing! I wish the docs were more informative as to
how to understand the output of check.

Cheers,
	Warren