[Unix-jun72] ... in case you wanted to play along.

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Sat May 3 11:55:13 AEST 2008

To build a rf image using the cold boot:

    - svn update to the latest.
    - run "tools/assemv7 cold" to make a cold image
    - run "./simh.cfg"
    - "break 40160"  this is the "close" syscall at the end of
      processing the tape
    - "go"
    - "go" again if you're sure you want to overwrite your rf image
    - after a few seconds you're at 40160 and your disk is made.
      if you "go" again it will run /etc/init but you will get no
      output.  I think we need the DC-11 for this.

at this point you should be able to run a normal kernel with

    - "tools/assemv7" to make a normal kernel
    - run "./simh.cfg"
    - "go"

but you won't see any output and I havent verified that it's doing
anything useful yet.

Tim Newsham
http://www.thenewsh.com/~newsham/