[Unix-jun72] What next?

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Sat May 3 14:51:24 AEST 2008

On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 05:47:47PM -1000, Tim Newsham wrote:
> Its not easy to think of what's next in the excitement, but here goes
> a shot... any thoughts?  anything I missed?

I have a few. Given we have some 2nd Edition 0407 binaries, and also the first C
compiler source code http://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Applications/Early_C_Compilers/
can recompile itself down to a 2nd Edition binary, and we have some C code
fragments for 2nd Edition, I would like to see the 1st Edition kernel modified
just enough to be able to run the 0407 binaries.

That would make most of the "early stuff" executable again.

	Warren

P.S Using the rf0.dsk image to get my homegrown mkfs working. More later.