[Unix-jun72] Another reorganisation suggestion

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Mon May 5 08:41:25 AEST 2008

Now that we have 0407 kernel support, I'll have a go at getting one of the
early C compilers to work. Could I suggest that we make a src/ directory
in svn, which will hold any source code that produces V1/V2 executables?
I'll make a directory for the C compiler. We can also add in working fragments
from the s2 tape into a cmd/ directory. The layout echoes the V7 tree:

/usr/src
/usr/src/cmd/		# Single file sourcefiles
/usr/src/cmd/as/	# Assembler
/usr/src/cmd/c/		# C compiler
/usr/src/libc/		# C library
/usr/sys/sys/		# Kernel source

Which of course implies that we might need to rename rebuilt/ to sys/  :-)

Thanks,
	Warren