[Unix-jun72] T4002A

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat May 10 05:38:56 AEST 2008

In message: <2F53B3D5-9ADD-4708-A503-5897F9BCCB98 at uwlax.edu>
            Milo Velimirovic <milov at uwlax.edu> writes:
: I worked with a successor device the Tektronix 4010. It's a storage
: scope that doubles as a terminal. It ought to be easy enough to
: emulate the alphanumeric part of this with a terminal but the
: graphical capabilities would be a challenge -- especially if
: portability was an issue. But if it wasn't challenging it wouldn't be
: interesting or any fun....

IIRC, the good news here is that the Tektronix terminal was just a
serial attached device that did its drawing with escape sequences that
are well documented/understood.  Many early X terminal emulators has a
tektronix mode, for example.  That makes emulation a little easier.

I hope that the 4002A is one of these beasts.  I recall seeing it on
an emulation list for a tektronix emulator I worked with in the early
1990's, but it has been long enough that the neurons may have
decayed...

Warner