[TUHS] UNIX turns forty

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Sat May 16 04:09:37 AEST 2009

Jason Stevens wrote:

> Oh and now that Im thinking about it, is the 16bit SYSIII stuff free?

I was thinking about the software's status recently, and was wondering
where people would go now if they wanted an ancient Unix license, or
would like to have source access for non-commercial use.

There is some software that the Computer History Museum has that we're trying
to get licensed for non-commercial use, but some of the sources are encumbered
by having some parts that were derived from Unix distributions.