[TUHS] SYSV & TCP/IP on the VAX...

Larry McVoy lm at bitmover.com
Wed May 27 09:48:02 AEST 2009

I added TCP/IP to SCO which is some sort of sys v thing (I think, it's
been a lot of years).  I think Lachman (where I was working at the
time) did a lot of streams based TCP/IP, they may have done one for
the vax.

But why would you want it?  It was a steaming pile of sh*t.

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 07:45:19PM -0400, Jason Stevens wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone had access to any SYSV for the VAX and could
> say what levels support TCP/IP?
>
> I put in a request at http://www.novell.com/licensing/ntap/legal.html
> to see if they are even entertaining the sale of SYSV licenses... But
> I kind of figure they don't have the actual material itself....
>
> I know A/UX a SYSVr2.2 had TCP/IP but I don't know if it was in the
> AT&T base, or if it was something that UniSoft had added...
>
> Anyways thanks for any/all responses....
>
> Oh and FWIW I've gotten a super minimal SYSIII thing booting on SIMH!
> I've just have to work out some more disk formatting/restoring as the
> root partition sizes don't agree between 32v & SYSIII....
>
> Jason

---
Larry McVoy                lm at bitmover.com           http://www.bitkeeper.com