[TUHS] 386BSD on Bochs & Qemu...

Jacob Goense dugo at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 25 00:28:41 AEST 2010

> I don't know if this is interesting to anyone, but I thought I'd share that
> 386BSD will install on Bochs (although slowly, and it's prone to crashing),
> however once the first patchkit is installed, it'll then run on Qemu!
> (0.11.0, it seems the new bios layout of 0.12 is incompatible)

Yes, I think it is very interesting to see what BSD was like on an x86
around the time of the forks into Net- and FreeBSD. You can feel the
itch to roll your own xBSD when messing around with it.

It got me curious about where 386BSD ended though. Did anyone save the
386BSD Reference CD-ROM Release 1.0 from /dev/null?

/Jacob