[TUHS] NetBSD 0.9

Jason Stevens neozeed at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 06:50:46 AEST 2010

I asked a while back if anyone had any NetBSD 0.8 or 0.9 archives.. I
thought I'd let the list know that I did manage to find NetBSD 0.9, and
using VMWare I've managed to revive it into something that Qemu can run.

If anyone has VMWare and wants to stroll down memory lane, I've uploaded the
install diskettes here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bsd42/files/Install%20tapes/NetBSD/0.9/NetBSD%200.9%20i386%20floppies.zip/download

And I've setup an archive with Qemu & NetBSD all ready to go here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bsd42/files/4BSD%20under%20Windows/v0.4/NetBSD%200.9.zip/download

If anyone wants to use their own qemu for their own platform, I've had to
modify the hw/pc.c and remove the NE2000 definition of 0x300,9 as irq 9 is
in use somewhere else in the emulator and it won't allow any sharing on
Irq9.. (Wasn't IRQ 9 shared anyways with the cascade controller???)

At any rate, I built irc, lynx & bzip2 on there, and they seem to function
just fine.

Again if anyone has any lead on NetBSD 0.8 that'd be great, I'd like to save
these from the digitial dumpster....