[TUHS] NetBSD 0.9

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Dec 2 20:54:03 AEST 2010

On 12/02/10 03:00, Jason Stevens<neozeed at gmail.com> wrote:

> I asked a while back if anyone had any NetBSD 0.8 or 0.9 archives.. I
> thought I'd let the list know that I did manage to find NetBSD 0.9, and
> using VMWare I've managed to revive it into something that Qemu can run.
>
> If anyone has VMWare and wants to stroll down memory lane, I've uploaded the
> install diskettes here:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/bsd42/files/Install%20tapes/NetBSD/0.9/NetBSD%200.9%20i386%20floppies.zip/download
>
> And I've setup an archive with Qemu&  NetBSD all ready to go here:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/bsd42/files/4BSD%20under%20Windows/v0.4/NetBSD%200.9.zip/download
>
> If anyone wants to use their own qemu for their own platform, I've had to
> modify the hw/pc.c and remove the NE2000 definition of 0x300,9 as irq 9 is
> in use somewhere else in the emulator and it won't allow any sharing on
> Irq9.. (Wasn't IRQ 9 shared anyways with the cascade controller???)
>
> At any rate, I built irc, lynx&  bzip2 on there, and they seem to function
> just fine.
>
> Again if anyone has any lead on NetBSD 0.8 that'd be great, I'd like to save
> these from the digitial dumpster....

Maybe I'm totally dense, or something...?

cvs -P :pserver:anoncvs at anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot co -R netbsd-0-8 src

or substitute the tag netbsd-0-9 or netbsd-0-9-base if you need those
revisions. Nothing is going to disappear into a digital dumpster when
you have revision control systems...

(There are bunch of more tags related to NetBSD 0.9 as well, if you want
to know, and you can get at any other version you want as well, just as
easily.)

If you want binaries and not just sources, then it might be a bit more
tricky. But since you can build the system from the sources, I can't see
that this should be a big hurdle.

	Johnny