[TUHS] Irwin 285

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Fri Jan 22 03:37:08 AEST 2010

In message: <20100121181147.97ae525c.jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
            Jochen Kunz <jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de> writes:
: Or, as Jason mentioned: Consider disk backup on at least two redundant
: disks. (Does not need to be RAID. Just copy all data to two indepentent
: disks.)

I've used this method for years, with all my dumps going to a primary
disk, and then rsync to a secondary one.  I keep a copy of all my
level 0 dumps (which I do once or twice a year) forever, and then
prune the higher numbered dumps as they become obsolete.

The rsync allows me to recover more easily if a machine fails, I just
mount the backup partition off the backup machine...

Warner