[TUHS] Irwin 285

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Fri Jan 22 06:33:23 AEST 2010

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:00:34 +0100
Wilko Bulte <wb at freebie.xs4all.nl> wrote:

> But the disks are getting to be too big to fit a level 0 on a
> single tape.
Depends on the data. My /home is just below 4 GB. This is the data I
really care about and I write it to DLT tape. There is a lot of other
stuff like the OS (NetBSD) itself and the source it is build from.
There are MP3s I created from my CDs... This is a large amount of data,
but that data can be recreated when it gets lost. So I don't care about
backup of it. I.e. in the end I have to backup only 4 GB of /home data.

Maybe I should get a second hard drive and create a software RAID1...
--

tschüß,
       Jochen