[pups] 2 x PDP-11 MicroVAX II with Terminal and keyboard on offer

Carl Lowenstein carl.lowenstein at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 12:40:57 AEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 12:55 AM, Kevin Phair <kevin.phair at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A number of years ago I diverted a couple of PDP-11 systems which were
> on their way to a skip. I believe they were in working condition and I
> had always intended to clean them up and get them set up and running
> again to see what it was all about. This never happened and I no
> longer have the space to store them. As a result I'm offering them to
> anyone who's willing to pay the shipping. They are located in Dublin,
> Ireland.
>
> There is some mild corrosion on some of the metal chassis and the
> paint on the VDU casings is peeling off in place but overall I think
> they will clean up well.
>
> I think they are the MicroVAX II model and the consist of the PDP-11
> chassis unit with a Ramstar T-1500 VDU and keyboard. Each one also has
> a power distrubution box and they are configured for 120VAC operation.
> There are also power cables (amongst others). I don't know what boards
> are installed in them, but they did originally have tape drives
> connected and were used to drive an inkjet printing system, so I
> expect there is at least a tape controller and serial/parallel
> interface in each of them.
>
> Photos of everything are up on
> http://sites.google.com/site/kevinphair/old-electronic-equipment/PDP-11
> but unfortunately the cabinet units are no longer available.

Of course a PDP-11 is not a MicroVAX, and vice versa.

Looking at the pictures, the only thing really worth saving would be
the chassis shown with a keyboard next to it.  One can see a floppy
disk drive, and a hole where a hard disk drive probably was once.  If
there is a nameplate on the front, it is not readable in the picture.
A picture of the rear panel would help in further identification, as
well as a reading of any nameplate data on the rear panel.

    carl
--
    carl lowenstein         marine physical lab     u.c. san diego
                                                 clowenstein at ucsd.edu