[TUHS] TCP/IP on a System III?

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Mon Mar 22 16:51:36 AEST 2010

Re: [TUHS] TCP/IP on a System III? writes:

> I was looking down this road for Xenix as a matter of fact, and looking
> through some old news groups they all mention to use the free KA9Q stuff...
>
> http://www.ka9q.net/code/ka9qnos/

Yeah, I got this running a year ago on that system but only with SLIP.
Data transfer rates via SLIP are horrible and we are planning to build a
network card. But for that I definitly want TCP/IP in the kernel. There are
also chips out which are doing all the TCP/IP and UDP stuff on their own.
Maybe this is an option too as it for example stresses the system not so
much which should be good in a matter of performance too.