[TUHS] 6502 and swtch, was Re: 2.11BSD cross compiler

Steve Nickolas lyricalnanoha at usotsuki.hoshinet.org
Wed Sep 29 15:13:37 AEST 2010

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010, Warren Toomey wrote:

> Argh, I wasn't going to post back but I can't resist. Back in the 80's I
> rewrote Xinu from C into 6502 assembly, and got very primitive multitasking
> working on the Apple ][. I guess that counts as writing swtch :-)
>
> ftp://minnie.tuhs.org/pub/apple2/apple2xinu.tar.gz

Specific to, I'm guessing, the banking hardware of the Laser 3000/Dick
Smith Cat?  (I saw a disk image on Asimov with your name on it that
mentioned the Cat.  I've used a Laser 128, but never a 3000 which is
apparently a bit more different from a real ][.)

It might be made to work on a real ][ with some heavy wizardry.  I think I
saw someone on comp.sys.apple2 talking about doing that a few months back.

Running some sort of *x on an Apple ][ would be interesting, seeing as
it's been done on the C64.  I actually own an Apple //e.

-uso.