[TUHS] b remnants?

Jason Stevens jsteve at superglobalmegacorp.com
Sun Oct 16 02:14:51 AEST 2011

Yep, dungeon runs great on RT-11 ... I've docuemnted the experence here...

http://virtuallyfun.superglobalmegacorp.com/?p=169

Building the fortran compiler was... an adventure onto its own, but luckily
I found some documentation @ bitsavers, and could ask on the PDP11 lists for
help... I'm amazed it compiled and runs! ..

Oh and TripOS is the BCPL based OS that ran on all kinds of machines, it was
very portable, the best known port would be AmigaDOS for the Commodore
Amiga.  I wonder if it was licensing fees and BCPL/TripOS being based in the
UK what seperated them from C/Unix... I guess we'd be living in the B++, B#
and ObjectiveB world if it wasn't for DMR's wonderful world of C .. :)