[TUHS] 10th Edition, 8th Edition

Ronald Natalie ron at ronnatalie.com
Sat Feb 2 17:38:32 AEST 2013

On Feb 2, 2013, at 1:58 AM, Wesley Parish <wes.parish at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> That would make sense. SysV is about twenty years old, and its status as an ultra-holy reliquary of trade secrets and whatnot has been severely dented by Sun's open-sourcing of Solaris.

Twenty years is pretty much when USL got out of the UNIX biz entirely.   System V actually started thirty years ago or so.   I worked on System V over BSD project with Doug Gwyn when still at BRL and I left there in 1987.   Amusingly, I continued to find copies of the "Ron" shell kicking around for decades after that.