[TUHS] Teletype

Dario Niedermann dnied at tiscali.it
Sat Aug 16 20:25:29 AEST 2014

Brian Zick <brian at zickzickzick.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon at orthanc.ca>
> wrote:

[...]
>> Also, ed(1) is a wonderful editor on a hardcopy terminal. Unless
>> you run it on Linux, which KNOWS the whole world runs on 24 line
>> terminal windows, and therefore ed needs to pause its output.

I'm not seeing the >> message from Lyndon Nerenberg on the ML, anyway I
just wanted to report that GNU Ed 1.6 doesn't pause output on this Linux
system, so there must be something in your local configuration that's
getting Ed to behave that way.

(Typed this with GNU Ed 1.6 on Slackware 14)

--
Dario Niedermann.              Also on the Internet at:

gopher://retro-net.org/1/dnied/ , http://devio.us/~ndr/