[TUHS] UUCP Maps

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Tue Aug 26 09:57:50 AEST 2014

On Mon, 25 Aug 2014, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:

> I remember when the newsgroup traffic on Usenet hit 5 MB/day.  I think
> that was the third "death of the net" predicted event.  Then someone
> stepped up and explained (in a newsgroup) how to work your way through
> the entire mess, using very optimized applications of rn and kill files
> :-)  Where is Henry Spencer these days, anyway?!

For me, the death happened when thanks to the "cancel wars" the newsgroup
ctl.cancel had the highest volume; at that moment I shut down our NNTP
feed and went to mailing lists.

Knowing utzoo!henry (and I did meet him when he was visiting Australia) I
have no doubt that he's around somewhere.

-- Dave