[TUHS] Gnu/Stallman (was Bugs in V6 'dcheck')

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Tue Jun 3 05:30:55 AEST 2014

Dan Cross scripsit:

> But nostalgia aside, something I find interesting (and frankly a bit
> distressing) is what seems to me to simply be an acceptance that it's all
> going to end with Linux.  That is to say, no one ever seems to talk about
> what will come *after* Linux.  Will Linus's kernel truly be the last kernel
> anyone works on seriously?  Somehow I very much doubt that.  And yet, you
> don't see a lot of talk about evolutionary paths beyond Linux; it's a sort
> of tunnel vision.

This is like asking when there will be a new scientific discovery in some
field.  There will be a new kernel when someone decides, as Linus did, to
write a new kernel.  If it catches on, it may supplement or replace Linux.

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
Sir, I quite agree with you, but what are we two against so many?
    --George Bernard Shaw,
         to a man booing at the opening of _Arms and the Man_