[TUHS] Gnu/Stallman (was Bugs in V6 'dcheck')

Tim Newsham tim.newsham at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 10:37:52 AEST 2014

It would be nice if we end up moving towards
something with a solid theoretical underpinning..
seL4 comes to mind. I'd be happy to trade off some
performance for some security and strongly enforced
modularity. There's still lots to be done (sel4 is just
a small microkernel (needed: drivers, filesystems,
memory subsystems, etc), and there's little point in having
a proven microkernel if you don't keep building up
strong software on top of that foundation).
</increasinglyOffTopic>

Tim Newsham | www.thenewsh.com/~newsham | @newshtwit | thenewsh.blogspot.com