[TUHS] Work I've done with a PDP-11 simulator

Norman Wilson norman at oclsc.org
Mon May 12 02:16:09 AEST 2014

  This is also an RSX pack (I think), but when I tried to boot it, it said
  "THIS VOLUME DOES NOT CONTAIN A HARDWARE BOOTABLE SYSTEM", and since I don't
  know how to mount disks under RSX-11 I left it at that.

There exists somewhere a UNIX program that reads an ODS-1 file-system
image and produces directory listings and extracts named files.

I know it exists because it was written by a friend (and probably hacked
around a little by me) almost 35 years ago, when we both worked in a
place that had some UNIX and some RSX-11.  That means `somewhere'
probably includes some place in my old files.  I'll see if I can
dig it out, upgrade it to work cleanly with modern C (it's just possible
I have an ODS-1 file system image lying around somewher too), and
post it either somewhere on the web or just to the list.

Norman Wilson
Toronto ON