[TUHS] Unix on an 11/23 (Was: Work I've done with a PDP-11 simulator)

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Thu May 15 14:48:15 AEST 2014

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 10:03:52PM -0400, John Cowan wrote:
> Mini-Unix is for PDP-11s without memory management: one process
> in memory at a time, no pipes/prof/ptrace.  The LSI-11 specific
> system, which preceded Mini-Unix and was even less capable, is LSX.
> See <http://minnie.tuhs.org/pipermail/pups/2001-March/000273.html>
> and search on the page for "Heinz" for details.

Also see: http://www.tuhs.org/Archive/PDP-11/Distributions/usdl/LSX/
          http://www.tuhs.org/Archive/PDP-11/Distributions/usdl/Mini-Unix/
	  http://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=Mini-Unix
	  http://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=LSX

and also apologies to Noel who has e-mailed me several times and I
haven't responded. New job, extra training and I'm just starting to
get on top of things. Glad to see all the people here helping out!

Cheers, Warren