[TUHS] MERT available anywhere?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sun May 18 22:05:38 AEST 2014

Does anyone know if the source for an early PDP-11 version of MERT is
available anywhere?

(For those who aren't familiar with MERT, it was a micro-kernel [as we would
name it now] which provided message-passing and [potentially shared] memory
segments, intended for real-time applications; it supported several levels of
protection, using the 'Supervisor' mode available in the 11/45 and 11/70. One
set of supervisor processes provided a Unix environment; the combination was
called UNIX/RT - hence my asking about it here.)

Thanks!

	Noel