[TUHS] 2.10

Jacob Ritorto jacob.ritorto at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 16:13:33 AEST 2014

Hilariously, I actually do have an enable-34 board in my stash.. Just saw
it in the last week or so & will dig it out in next few days.  So does that
single board contain the memory and everything, or is this a backplane
mod/special memory kind of setup?

I'd be eager to run Ultrix jut for the extra flavor (I've only done the
bsds on my pdp11s thus far), but one of my real desires here is to have the
machine behave itself as a pretty normal net citizen, connecting through
some sort of ethernet and running legit telnetd and ftpd.  That said, I
won't be too sad if that's impossible and kludges are required, but it is
my initial hope.  I guess I need to first ascertain exactly which 11/34 I
have, how much ram I can scrounge up, which addressing scheme, etc. then
move on to what I can actually do, software-wise, with the kit.

With the enable34 board, do I have some hope of getting 2.11bsd on this
one?  Sounds like that'd avoid a lot of the more sporty software
modifications and let me have something that works like a "normal"
modern-ish system.  But then, I do have an 11/73 I'm working on that could
run that build much more easily and appropriately..  I guess I'm up for
whatever is most historically appropriate, a good match for the hardware
and at least able to be present on a contemporary network without
intermediary kludge hardware.

thx
jake