[TUHS] 2.10

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Fri Nov 21 23:06:23 AEST 2014

Re: enable-34 - There are no backplane mods.  As I recall it used normal
memory, just enabled the top bits in the address map which were not driven
by the 40 class processors.   I'll see if I can dig up some doc for it,
which I might still have.   I'm traveling, so this will have to wait for a
few days.

As for running 2.11bsd - I can't say as I never tried it.  What the enable
board will do it give you 4Megs of memory. By using thunks and the memory
map, the enable will allow the kernel to have I/O buffers, mbufs, and a
kernel I space that can grow beyond the 64k address limit - plus still have
room for  a few user processes in memory at the same time.

RE: ultrix vs BSD 2* -- Once it's running, I don't think you are going to
find a lot differences mostly in what was packaged in the defaults system -
just shades of grey.  Much less than the flavors of Linux these days IMO.

Clem