[TUHS] What's with the DZ-11?

Ronald Natalie ron at ronnatalie.com
Thu Nov 27 07:39:56 AEST 2014

The DZ was always looked down upon in my shops.   The problem is that it interrupts the processor on every output character which isn’t particularly efficient.   We used the DH-11 and as previously mentioned when able came out with the single board DH/DM-11 clone, we used those.

I also had some goofy board (DQ) that allowed you to load a character table on when you wanted interrupts on input (you could program it for new line and whatever your INTR/QUIT/ERASE/KILL, etc… were) but I never got around to writing the driver for that.