[TUHS] 2.9bsd on 11/45 restoration

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Fri Oct 3 13:36:32 AEST 2014

Also, I had this e-mail sent to me from Jacob who is a long-time TUHS
person. Again, he has questions I don't know the answers to. Anybody?

Cheers, Warren
----- Forwarded message from Jacob Ritorto -----

   Greetings Warren,
   Â  It's been decades since we last corresponded and I'm delighted to
   see that you're still active in the pdp11 unix community!  I've found
   some free time and have been kicking around the idea of repairing
   the11/45 I scored some years ago (11/45 system number 273 from Stanford
   University) and installing 2.9bsd on it.  You helped me out years ago
   when I had an 11/34 and I managed to do it back then, so I have some
   hope this time around too, though there are some more serious hurdles
   now.  Glad to see that a lot of the license trolling finally appears
   to be settled and we can have unfettered access to all the good stuff!
   Â  Any pointers to who
   has parts and troubleshooting knowledge would be a big help.
   Â  Softwarewise, I was also thinking I'd like to get my Fuji160 disks
   working on the machine.  Has work like this been done already, or
   would you have pointers as to how to go about it?
   Â Â Also, has anyone written a miniature httpd for any of the ancient
   bsds?
   thanks
   jake
----- End forwarded message -----