[TUHS] 2.9bsd on 11/45 restoration

random832 at fastmail.us random832 at fastmail.us
Sat Oct 4 18:06:08 AEST 2014

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 23:36, Warren Toomey wrote:
> Also, I had this e-mail sent to me from Jacob who is a long-time TUHS
> person. Again, he has questions I don't know the answers to. Anybody?
>
> Cheers, Warren
> ----- Forwarded message from Jacob Ritorto -----

>    Â Â Also, has anyone written a miniature httpd for any of the ancient
>    bsds?

Seeing this question, I figured "it can't be that hard", and managed to
get tinyhttpd  http://tinyhttpd.sourceforge.net/ to compile on 2.11BSD.
Mostly just required K&R-ification, though I also had to fix some bugs
in the way it uses buffers to get it to work at all. Normal GET requests
work; The whole CGI thing I disabled because I couldn't get it to work
reliably even on modern linux.

Not actually tested, though - I couldn't get simh to emulate a network
device.